Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I have recently completed the book


After the meltdown at Chernobyl scene de menage in 1986, my mother stocks has created at home. Food, water, medicines and other things that are needed in an emergency, if you have several days or even weeks, the apartment can not leave theoretically. scene de menage A gigantic scene de menage box in the hall was filled to the brim, what a family of four, including pets as needed. In my kitchen cupboard (as of 17.8.): Three packs of noodles, a few spices, sweetener. In the fridge ketchup, butter, two cans of beer and vodka are added. (The pesto has probably scene de menage long since departed from the edible condition). That's it. No rations included more than a few days we can all get in the apartment.
How does this relate to the (very temporary) Google failure? Direct not at all times. Five minutes no Gmail, so what? But the incident brings me to think that many (automated) systems, which are necessary to the functioning of everyday life, are not fail-safe. Whether natural disasters, enemy attacks, or sanctions of governance: power grid, water, gas or internet supply are nothing that can not suddenly collapse.
Sure, a global, continent-spanning or even national simultaneous complete failure of these systems is unlikely. The fact that the supply of a region or city can be interrupted at least for a certain period of time, even more in the realm of possibility.
I've been thinking and already scene de menage written down what in case of failure of these systems I - whether scene de menage individually or all at once - make and could not do. I have deleted the text again because I must admit, since I barely know the extent.
Maybe I use the empty space in my kitchen boxes now but possibly a little advance. Panic is not announced. But neither, it seems wise to accept anything for granted. The show also has a harmless, non-system-critical failures like Google.
I have recently completed the book "Blackout" by Marc Elsberg read that might also like since a complete failure of various systems and the dramatic consequences is described .. very striking respectively but a fiction book, but also brings food for thought .. ciao Markus scene de menage
Abort
% D bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment